Q. What if my child tries to take it off the door?
DECCO the Toddler Monitor senses motion. If the device is set to "on guard" and a child moves a door, or touches him, you will receive the alert. Motion, regardless of what the cause is will trigger an alert. You can also use and over-the-door hook or a 3M Command hook and hang DECCO the Toddler Monitor up high if you don't want your child to touch him.
Q. I turn my phone to "Do Not Disturb" at night, will the notifications push through?
For Android devices, users can choose to allow the app to override the "Do Not Disturb" function on their phone. This is done by going into Settings selecting "Apps", selecting the DECCO app from the list, going to Notifications and selecting "Do not disturb overridden".
For iOS devices, Apple does not currently allow applications to override the "Do Not Disturb" function. Your phone cannot be silenced or on Do not Disturb if you want to receive the notifications. We hope that Apple will reconsider allowing users to control this functionality in a similar fashion to Android. We have a workaround solution that allows you to turn the volume all the way down on your phone and get the DECCO alerts at a higher volume that is controlled in the app settings.
To use this functionality:
1. Open the DECCO app and go to Settings, select the volume level that you would like to receive your notifications at and Save.
2. Go to Settings > Sounds and Haptics, and turn the Ringer and Alerts volume to near high, and turn off "change with buttons"
3. You can then turn down the external volume on your phone and receive the notifications at the volume level that you selected in the app.
Q. I am having trouble with pairing, what do I do next?
For iOS Devices, you can follow the steps as outlined here. If you experience problems beyond this, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Restart your phone
- Make sure Bluetooth is on (Settings > Bluetooth) and the toggle is green
- On the home screen hit the “+” sign and shake DECCO hard with his back facing the floor side to side - he should pop up on the screen and you click him to pair and name the device
- If this does not work, go into your settings and select Bluetooth, if it is enabled you should see all the devices available to pair. Is Decco there? If he is click him.
- Go back to the home screen hit the “+” sign and shake DECCO hard with his back facing the floor side to side - he should pop up on the screen and you click him to pair and name the device.
For Android users, this seems to be a known issue with the current Android 7 operating system (software your phone runs on) and Bluetooth. It does eventually pair but is really fussy for some users. Often people find that they struggle with it, leave it for a couple hours and come back to have it pair right away... we have some other suggestions below here that will help as well! Here is what you can do:
Toggle Bluetooth Off/On
- Make sure your Toddler Monitor is fully charged and that you are on the most recent Toddler Monitor app, or update in the Google Play Store)
- Go to your phone Settings > Bluetooth and toggle on and off and try again
Try Pairing Outside the App
- Go into your phones (Settings > Bluetooth)
- Shake DECCO so it goes into pairing mode
- Wait for it to appear in ‘Available devices’ (there is usually a refresh/scan button in the settings page if you need to make it rescan). The device name is ‘DECCOP’ when it is in pairing mode.
- When ‘DECCOP’ appears, select it
- Wait until ‘DECCOP’ moves from ‘Available Devices’ to ‘Paired devices’.
- Now go to the DECCO app
- Press the ‘+’ button to add DECCO in the app
If you continue to experience issues, we can help! Send us an email at email@example.com
Q. The app seems unresponsive, I cannot set DECCO.
- Hard close the app on your phone:
- On an iphone double click the home button > swipe to the DECCO app > push the app up and it will disappear
- On an Android Open Settings > Choose the DECCO app > select Stop or Force Stop
- Restart your phone
- This should reset the app and allow you to set DECCO.
Q. I am not getting the alerts coming through when I am outside of the app.
- Ensure that in the settings you have "Audible Alerts" enabled.
- If you are on an iPhone, you cannot be on "Do Not Disturb" or have your phone silenced. Make sure the volume toggle on the left side of your phone is toggled to on.
- For Android devices, users can choose to allow the app to override the "Do Not Disturb" function on their phone. This is done by going into Settings selecting "Apps", selecting the DECCO app from the list, going to Notifications and selecting "Do not disturb overridden".
Q. I am a heavy sleeper, will I be able to hear the alerts?
DECCO the Toddler Monitor alerts in similar tones and volume to your phone alarm. If this level of alert would wake you, then you would be able to be alerted by DECCO the Toddler Monitor. You have the ability to tailor the style and volume of alert to suit your needs.
Q. How sensitive is the motion detection?
We understand that Toddlers can be sneaky, so we allow for three levels of sensitivity to meet your families' needs. At the highest setting the device is extremely sensitive and will register subtle movement. We suggest you start at the highest sensitivity and reduce the level if you are getting false alerts.
Q. Is Bluetooth range sufficient to cover my house?
We are using the latest and greatest in Bluetooth LE (BLE) technology, it’s actually the same technology used by Porsche, Ducati and BMW. Our BLE chip gets 100 feet (30 meters) of range in direct line of sight. While this will vary in homes based on the construction we are seeing excellent coverage of a 2000 – 3000 square foot home and have had full coverage of homes up to 5000 square feet.
Q. How many DECCO the Toddler Monitors can I use at once?
You can pair and control up to three DECCO the Toddler Monitors to one phone.
Q. Can my spouse or childcare provider use DECCO the Toddler Monitor?
Yes, up to three devices can be paired to one Toddler Monitor, but only the phone that sets the device will receive the notifications when there is movement. If you want to change the person who is controlling DECCO, you can disarm the device so that another user can arm him. For example at our home, when our childcare provider starts early in the morning, we will disarm the device on our Smartphone, so that she can arm him as we leave the house for the day.
Q. Does using a Toddler Monitor guarantee the safety of my child?
No, DECCO the Toddler Monitor is an aid for parents and provides no guarantee of safety. Click here to see our disclaimer.
Q. What comes with DECCO the Toddler Monitor?
Each box contains: one DECCO the Toddler Monitor device, one USB charge cord, one user Guide, unlimited downloads of the Android or iOS phone apps
Q. How long does the battery last?
The battery will last for about 7 days with regular use. Recharging may take up to two hours.
Q. Do you ship internationally?
We are currently only available in North America. We hope to be available in more broadly soon! You can look at services like Shipto for international orders.