Q. What if my child tries to take it off the door?
DECCO the Toddler Monitor senses motion. If the device is set to "on guard" and a child moves a door, or touches him, you will receive the alert. Motion, regardless of what the cause is will trigger an alert. You can also use and over-the-door hook or a 3M Command hook and hang DECCO the Toddler Monitor up high if you don't want your child to touch him.
Q. I turn my phone to "Do Not Disturb" at night, will the notifications push through?
For iOS devices, this is core functionality on the most recent app. You will receive notification if your phone is in any mode, including silent or "Do Not Disturb". Ensure that you are running the most recent app version available in the Apple iTunes Store for the optimum functionality.
For Android devices, users can choose to allow the app to override the "Do Not Disturb" function on their phone. This is done by going into Settings selecting "Apps", selecting the DECCO app from the list, going to Notifications and selecting "Do not disturb overridden".
Q. I am having trouble with pairing, what do I do next?
For iOS Devices, you can follow the steps as outlined here. If you experience problems beyond this, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Restart your phone
- Make sure Bluetooth is on (Settings > Bluetooth) and the toggle is green
- On the home screen hit the “+” sign and shake DECCO hard with his back facing the floor side to side - he should pop up on the screen and you click him to pair and name the device
- If this does not work, go into your settings and select Bluetooth, if it is enabled you should see all the devices available to pair. Is Decco there? If he is click him.
- Go back to the home screen hit the “+” sign and shake DECCO hard with his back facing the floor side to side - he should pop up on the screen and you click him to pair and name the device.
For Android users, recent updates to Android OS have made pairing fussier on some phones. If you are having trouble, we are testing an app to fix this. You can find it by clicking here.
- Make sure device is fully charged and light has turned to green.
- Make sure that your phone is not low on batteries as this may cause your phone to disable Bluetooth.
- If there are multiple phones that you are trying to pair, only enable to Bluetooth on the phone you are currently pairing.
- Load the app from the link above (should show as Version 0.22)
- Restart the phone
- Turn on Bluetooth
- Go into the app, select the "+" to add the device
- Shake the device, device will appear in pairing list
- Select the device to pair and continue shaking device until it pairs
- If you continue to have issues, go into Settings>Bluetooth and tell your phone to forget any DECCOs that have paired in the background
- Repeat steps 2 - 10
If you continue to experience issues, we can help! Send us an email at email@example.com - please include information on which app you have loaded and what type of Smartphone you are using.
Q. The app seems unresponsive, I cannot set DECCO.
- Hard close the app on your phone:
- On an iphone double click the home button > swipe to the DECCO app > push the app up and it will disappear
- On an Android Open Settings > Choose the DECCO app > select Stop or Force Stop
- Restart your phone
- This should reset the app and allow you to set DECCO.
Q. I am a heavy sleeper, will I be able to hear the alerts?
DECCO the Toddler Monitor alerts in similar tones and volume to your phone alarm. If this level of alert would wake you, then you would be able to be alerted by DECCO the Toddler Monitor. You have the ability to tailor the style and volume of alert to suit your needs.
Q. How sensitive is the motion detection?
We understand that Toddlers can be sneaky, so we allow for three levels of sensitivity to meet your families' needs. At the highest setting the device is extremely sensitive and will register subtle movement. We suggest you start at the highest sensitivity and reduce the level if you are getting false alerts.
Q. Is Bluetooth range sufficient to cover my house?
We are using the latest and greatest in Bluetooth LE (BLE) technology, it’s actually the same technology used by Porsche, Ducati and BMW. While this will vary in homes based on the construction we are seeing excellent coverage of a 2000 – 3000 square foot home and have had full coverage of homes up to 5000 square feet. We also offer a 30-day Guarantee for any reason.
Q. How many DECCO the Toddler Monitors can I use at once?
You can pair and control up to 3 DECCO the Toddler Monitors on one phone.
Q. Does using a Toddler Monitor guarantee the safety of my child?
No, DECCO the Toddler Monitor is an aid for parents and provides no guarantee of safety. Click here to see our disclaimer.
Q. What comes with DECCO the Toddler Monitor?
Each box contains: one DECCO the Toddler Monitor device, one USB charge cord, one user Guide, unlimited downloads of the Android or iOS phone apps
Q. How long does the battery last?
The battery will last for about 7-10 days with regular use.
Q. Do you ship internationally?
We are currently only available in North America. We hope to be available in more broadly soon! You can look at services like Shipto for international orders.